Information We Receive
The information we receive about you (which we refer to collectively as your "Personal Information") includes Registration Information, Feedback Information, Data Services Information, Use Information and Derived Information:
- "Registration Information" is information you are required to provide in order to register with us when you register with Wild Village in connection with your use of a Wild Village Product or Service. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email and other contact information, as well as information regarding your use of Wild Village Products and Services.
- "Feedback Information" is information you submit to us in connection with your use of Wild Village Products and Services, whether through our Website, through our Data Services, or otherwise, regarding Wild Village Products and Services, or other matters relating to us and our business, including the metadata relating to that information.
- "Data Services Information" is information we receive and transmit through our Products and Services, including:
- Glucose readings;
- Information associated with each glucose reading, including date, time, and device identifier;
- Thresholds input into Data Services or Software Apps and notifications arising from those thresholds;
- Any of the data generated or used by your Wild Village Products to produce other Data Services Information or otherwise available to us through your Wild Village Products, such as data used for technical support;
- Information provided by you or about you by another person you have designated to receive any of your Personal Information through functionality of a Wild Village Product or Service (we call each such person a "Designated Recipient").
- "Use Information" includes:
- Information we receive from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use in connection with Wild Village Products and Services, and information we receive from those Products and Services regarding your use, which may include your IP address and other information regarding your computer, your internet service, the browser you use, and your activities while using Wild Village Products and Services, such as how often you open Software Apps, your settings and other activity regarding your use of the components of Wild Village Products and Services;
- Information we receive from you in connection with our request for comments or feedback on third parties;
- Information we may receive from advertisers and other third parties when you click on advertisements or links to third party websites while using Wild Village Products and Services, including the pages you visit, your activity on those pages and your purchases or other transactions with those third parties.
- "Derived Information" is information that we create by combining and/or analyzing some or all of your Personal Information.
If any of the Personal Information described above does not reveal your specific identity or relate directly to an individual, we may use such "Other Information" for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
- If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that you have provided to us, you may update such information maintained in your User Account on our Website or contact us at email@example.com. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
- You must comply with the terms of the Agreement.
Use of Information
- Registration Information: We use Registration Information to manage your account and Wild Village Products and Services applicable to you, and as otherwise described below. We also use your email address to contact you regarding your account. We do not make any Registration Information public. We will use your User Account and Registration Information to link your use of Wild Village Services and Software Apps with your use of Wild Village Products, and it may be accessible by our personnel providing Wild Village Services.
- Feedback Information: Feedback Information may be used by us and provided by us to our customers and third parties, in the form you provide as well as in excerpted, aggregated and anonymized forms, with or without attribution to you as the source. We may also use Feedback Information in our advertising, marketing and other communications with the public and in our business relationships, as well as in our internal communications, in each case with or without attribution to you as the source.
- Data Services Information: We collect Data Services Information and store it on our servers, process it using Data Services, and transmit it to the User and each Designated Recipient, where applicable. We may use Data Services Information in connection with our provision of Data Services and for our operations, administration and product development, maintenance and support. We may remove information that identifies you from Data Services Information, and we may use such de-identified data for our business purposes as we determine, such as research and development, product improvements, business operations and process improvements, marketing purposes, including disclosing such de-identified data to third parties for their use as we determine.
- Personal Information and Solicitations: As permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information of you and your Designated Recipients, if applicable, to determine which emails and notices we send to you and your Designated Recipients, if applicable, including emails and notices regarding opportunities relating to our Products and Services (we refer to these emails as "Solicitations"). You may opt out of Solicitations by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the address listed in the "Contact Us" section below, and you may opt in again through one of those contacts. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please keep in mind that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out. As permitted by applicable law, we may share your email address or other Registration Information with third parties with which we contract for the purpose of providing you with Solicitations we think may be of interest to you. You may opt out of our sharing of your information with third parties for these purposes by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by mail at the address listed in the "Contact Us" section below.
- Personal Information and Your Wild Village Experience: We may use Personal Information belonging to you and your Designated Recipients, if applicable, to tailor to you and your Designated Recipients, if applicable, the experience when using Wild Village Products or Services and the content viewed when using Wild Village Products or Services. We may use Personal Information to manage our Products and Services, including the Website, to improve our business and provide new website and product and service features, and to otherwise manage our business, but without disclosing your Registration Information except as necessary for such purposes.
- Other Third Parties: In the ordinary course of our business, we will share Personal Information with companies we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf. We will not authorize those third parties to keep, use or disclose your Personal Information except for providing the services we have asked them to provide.We may provide your Personal Information to another company in conjunction with a corporate sale, merger, acquisition or dissolution involving Wild Village.
- De-Identification: We may "de-identify" your Personal Information by removing information that could identify you, and we may use such de-identified information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
What Happens to Information You Share With Others
We have no control over Designated Recipients, and once a Designated Recipient receives your Data Services Information, even though the Agreement restricts the use of Data Services Information, the Designated Recipient could use and provide your Data Services Information to others in violation of the terms of the Agreement. We do not verify the contact information you provide for each Designated Recipient. Once you provide such contact information, until you terminate the designation, we will send Data Services Information to the contact information you have provided, and you are responsible for the accuracy of that information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Our Products and Services do not currently have the ability to recognize or honor browser do-not-track signals.
Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some of our Products and Services to, among other things, track the actions of users (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use and response rates.
Interest Based Advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Products and Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Products and Services and other websites and services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt out site and the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program.
We may receive certain health information of yours that is "protected health information" under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA"). When we receive protected health information, such information will be subject to the requirements under HIPAA and the HITECH Act, and the regulations effective under each of those Acts.
More on Privacy
- Children's Online Privacy Protection: Wild Village does not permit any person under 18 to subscribe directly to Wild Village Services or Software Apps or to directly purchase Wild Village Products. A parent or legal guardian may subscribe for a User who is under 18, but no person under 18 is permitted to use Wild Village Products or Services without the express agreement of a parent or legal guardian to the terms of the Agreement which require, among other things, that the parent or legal guardian is responsible for designating Designated Recipients, connecting the User Device to Wild Village Services or Software Apps, interacting in all ways with Wild Village Services and Software Apps, and ensuring that all communications with us come from the parent or legal guardian and not from the person under 18.
- Adults With Guardians, Conservators or Other Legal Supervision: Wild Village does not permit any person to subscribe directly to Wild Village Services, or Software Apps or to directly purchase Wild Village Products if that person lacks the legal competence to enter into a contract and be bound to the terms of the Agreement. A legal guardian, conservator or other person with the legal right to do so may subscribe for a User who lacks the legal competence to enter into a contract and be bound to the terms of the Agreement, but no such User is permitted to use Wild Village Services or Software Apps without the express agreement of a legal guardian, conservator or other person with the legal right to provide such agreement to the terms of the Agreement, which require, among other things, that such legal guardian or other person is responsible for designating Designated Recipients, connecting the User Device to Wild Village Services and Software Apps, interacting in all ways with Wild Village Services and Software Apps, and ensuring that all communications with us come from the such legal guardian or other person and not from the User who lacks legal competence.
- Phishing:We do not and will not, at any time, request Registration Information in a non-secure or unsolicited email or telephone communication. Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a priority for us. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission website.
- Security: Wild Village uses commercially reasonable standards of technology and operational security to protect Personal Information within our organization. Personal Information transmitted through Wild Village Products and Services is transmitted in encrypted form. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you feel that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the "Contact Us" section, below.
- Do Not Track Disclosure: In accordance with the Do-Not-Track amendments to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we inform you that we do not currently respond to "do not track" signals or similar messages from your browser.
Terminating Your Account
You may terminate your Wild Village account by following the instructions in the Wild Village Software App. Followers may terminate their Follower status by following the instructions when they agree to follow.
Wild Village Products and Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Wild Village Products and Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
Wild Village LLC
33 Greenwich Ave Ste PH4
New York, NY 10014
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.